[vorbis] had a thought on peeling last night

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Sat Dec 21 14:23:16 PST 2002

Alex Iribarren wrote:

> I thought of something similar a while back (check the June 2001
> archives). My idea was that you could stream, for example, a q1 file and
> in a different stream all the peeled-off information that would turn the
> q1 stream into a q2 stream. I was told this was not possible because a
> q2 file is not just a q1 file with extra bits.

You can do it the other way round (at least in theory; I think this was also
discussed here a little while ago): stream a q2 peeled down to q1 and in a
second stream all the data the peeler threw away.

-- Daniel

        The brussels sprout.  This is also the worst vegetable of next
year.
                -- Steve Rubenstein