[vorbis] further development

email poly at polystreet.com
Mon Aug 26 16:02:03 PDT 2002

I am not a developer, I am user who has a lot of praise for Ogg Vorbis.
In my application see:
http://www.netforall.com/images/wsrimages/wsr_encode.png,
http://www.netforall.com/screenshots.html,
the feature that I really missed was the ability to encode a short
sample of say 15 sec with a simple flag like --duration and the program
does all the calculations and just produce a 15 sec sample.

I think this feature is important for those who may use Ogg Vorbis to
advertise new CD realeases and let the customers listen to a short
sample.

The following is unrelated and I might just be way behind, but I found
these problems while calling in from within a Java program oggenc in
Windows:

1. Without the silent option, the encoding will proceed, then lock.
That is the calling program will not know that the encoding is
finished, so it just sits and wait.

2. adding the tags (author, title,...) again from within a Java program
did not work.

I hope these comments are not out of place.  Thanks,

Poly.

request at xiph.org'