[vorbis] German company interested in vorbis

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Mon Apr 29 03:04:29 PDT 2002

Kenneth Arnold wrote:
> ... but the bitstream format, decoder, and encoder API are all
> final. If they're just repeating compressed data streamed to them

Are you sure? I mean, it did change between rc2 and rc3. There is no
guarantee that it won't change until 1.0 final. (Promises: maybe,
guarantees: no.)

I understand the company's concern. And I can only second the
kuro5hin.org article author: there is no specification, just a reference
implementation, which is very bad. I guess with 1.0 final there will
come a spec.