[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Fri Apr 26 10:49:29 PDT 2002

Moritz Grimm wrote:

> If you can explain me your proposal in three to four sentences, what
> sense it makes and what its rules are (so that I can read and understand
> it in less than a minute), then it makes sense. If not, forget it ...
> nobody will use it. You guys seem to forget that ~90% of all computer
> users are clueless Windows users that got used to click on OK/Yes
> whenever a (security) warning pops up and just don't read it anymore.
> Yes, please make me a bullet list with 3 - 5 points.

Hmm.  That's what I've been saying.  Developers need guidance to give
the ignorant users the interface they need to tag their oggs.  Users
don't necessarily have to read it, but developers do.  I think they can
handle it.  There can be different documents for developers and users,
if you'd like.  The user document would probably be much cleaner, with
more examples, etc.

> People do not read. It's a fact. It has to be easy and colorful. And
> standardizing anything more than those very few things for the sake of
> backwards compatibility is simply pointless.

Why do you say its pointless?  I've already argued why I think it *is*
important.

> you and the rest of us have better things to do.

Absolutely!  We're just trying to get it settled and out of the way.
That's what we all want.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway