[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Fri Apr 26 11:18:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 01:37:47PM +0200, Moritz Grimm wrote:
>If you can explain me your proposal in three to four sentences, what
>sense it makes and what its rules are (so that I can read and understand
>it in less than a minute), then it makes sense. If not, forget it ...
>nobody will use it. You guys seem to forget that ~90% of all computer
>users are clueless Windows users that got used to click on OK/Yes
>whenever a (security) warning pops up and just don't read it anymore.
>Yes, please make me a bullet list with 3 - 5 points.

I don't understand.  Are you saying you don't have time to read it, or
that the average Windows user will not be bothered to read it?

If you are reluctant to read our Recommendations, maybe you will be
interested to read another persons take on them.  He wrote the following
document for Windows users as you describe.  I believe he did an
excellent job.

    http://24.216.204.85:8000/vorbis.com/metadata.html

>People do not read. It's a fact. It has to be easy and colorful. And

Developers read, and they are the only ones who might need to read the
Recommendations.  Software can easily support the Recommendations in a
Yes/No pointy clicky manner.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2