[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Apr 25 16:09:20 PDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:44:21PM -0700, rillian wrote:
>I'd also like to add to monty's comments on subtagging that this sort of
>scheme is handled well by rdf, which it a good place to start for an
>alternate metadata format. Please go look at what the dublincore(.org)
>and rdf working groups have come up with. This is used somewhat by the
>MusicBrainz spec, but not to the full extent possible.

Or maybe a primary metadata format, since we don't have a metadata
format right now.  Vorbis is flexible enough we could have multiple
metadata formats, and put each in its own stream.  I recall bringing up
the Dublincore project as a potential metadata format on IRC a few
months ago.

A tag editor is fairly easy to write.  I suspect writing a good
metadata editor is a bit harder.  Maybe thats why the discussion has
languished till now.  I look forward to the time when a metadata format
does get standardized and support for it becomes common.

Cheers!

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2