[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

rillian rillian at telus.net
Thu Apr 25 14:44:21 PDT 2002

On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 01:27 PM, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> There never was any "subtagging" in the Recommendations; there still is
> not; and I expect there never will be.  May I ask what the concern was
> that wasn't addressed?

I'd also like to add to monty's comments on subtagging that this sort of
scheme is handled well by rdf, which it a good place to start for an
alternate metadata format. Please go look at what the dublincore(.org)
and rdf working groups have come up with. This is used somewhat by the
MusicBrainz spec, but not to the full extent possible.

  -r