[vorbis] Tag Recommendations: Addressed Concerns That Were Raised

David Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Thu Apr 25 16:28:42 PDT 2002

Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> This was not the point of David's statement, nor of my reply.
> I just plopped in some links to show that there indeed _has_ been
> quite a lot of discussion/dissentment *before* all of this proposal
> stuff started.

I admit - I baited my statements - I apologize.  Yes, there has been
discussion, and I was aware of it.  But there really wasn't *that much*
discussion; no one seemed to object strongly.

> I am not going to rehash all of this.  Thank you very much.

It was never settled.  Therefore, it's not a rehashing.

> My opinion is, that if Xiph will make this proposal a "formal standard",
> people will think that these are the tags they should use.  Limiting their
> freedom.  I don't want that.

Then let's add wording that makes this fact clear.  That isn't an excuse
to "disown" the Proposal.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway