[vorbis] Visual Studio .NET

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Apr 17 14:37:19 PDT 2002

> If you guys agree on one person and provide me with their shipping address
> Epic can buy them a copy.

I'm more or less the only one with a full time windows machine who cares
about such things in the core group.

> We have a fix locally (simply recompiling with VS.NET) though I'd prefer if
> this got fixed and we could use the official headers and binaries so
> costumers can easily use updated versions in the future.

I'm curious though, if your VS.NET libs work with VS6 compiled code?  Or
are we now in a position where we have to supply _two_ versions?

Also, in regards to the header file changes, is it not more appropriate
to do:

#pragma <set struct alignment here>
#include <vorbis/codec.h>
#unpragma

or whatever.  It seems to me that if you hardcode the struct alignment
in the header, that it makes a lot of work for someone who wants to
change it.

And can someone please slap me with a cluestick as to why this isn't a
problem on any other system? :)

jack.