[vorbis] Tag changes

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Apr 9 18:28:04 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:08:17PM -0400, Ben Pearre wrote:
>number, as long as it ensures correct ordering.  This still doesn't
>make it clear which part goes with which partnumber, but it would
>allow you to hear the parts in the right order.  So PARTNUMBER is
>significantly more elegant for one PART/file, and less elegant for
>multiPART files.  *sigh*

Probably my last comment for today.  Ben, you understand the problem.
For me, the order a part should get played in is an important part of
"knowing what I'm listening to".  For an Ogg containing multiple parts,
which is part of a larger sequence that contains other parts germaine
to the musical work, it's important that the numbers be associated with
the correct parts.  I can guess which part I'm listening to by how far
through the Ogg I am, but only if I have that sequence number available.

I'm one of those guys that always has to know where he is, where the
exits are, where the car is parked, where is the nearest bus stop, which
way to the ocean, and what direction is north.  Maybe that's transfering
over to how I tag my Oggs.  I apologize.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2