[vorbis] Tag changes

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 9 19:12:25 PDT 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> Probably my last comment for today.  Ben, you understand the problem.

I understand the problem - I do!

> For me, the order a part should get played in is an important part of
> "knowing what I'm listening to".

Imporant for me as well!  Please don't arbitrarily suggest that
PARTNUMBER would not solve this problem.  It's other problems, erm, well...

> I'm one of those guys that always has to know where he is, where the
> exits are, where the car is parked, where is the nearest bus stop, which
> way to the ocean, and what direction is north.  Maybe that's transfering
> over to how I tag my Oggs.  I apologize.

Don't apologize.  You and I are more similar than dissimilar in this
regard.  But there are some basic tenets of tags that are in question
here, and I think that warrants a fair discussion.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org