[vorbis] What to do with unicode?

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Sun Apr 7 00:42:13 PST 2002

David K. Gasaway wrote:
> I don't understand the motivation to convert MP3s to OGGs.  I'll

I do understand. And also the other way around. Why technically the
arguments are clear: converting from one lossy format to an other is
generally not a good idea, there is a definite need for easy conversion.

At our radio station, we have been putting up music for download in Ogg
Vorbis for quite some time now. And every once in a while people ask us:
how do I convert this into mp3? Their reasons being mostly that they
want to play them on their portable mp3 players or DVD players
supporting mp3, etc.