[vorbis] german ogg-vorbis page

Christian.Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Thu Sep 20 10:26:50 PDT 2001

> A while ago my mother-in-law wanted me to put some music on her little street
> organ website. I wanted to use Ogg for it, but it was too compilcated to
> explain how to listen to that music.

Just a suggestion that comes to my mind:

Couldn't you use Internet Explorer's capability to auto-download ActiveX controls
from CAB files over the Internet? I've seen quite a few web pages that install
the Media Player control using this technique.

The ActiveX control to load for Ogg would be an app to install the DirectShow
filter into Media Player, allowing to embed Ogg files easily into web pages
(e.g. as background music)

Christian Buchner