[vorbis] new ogg stream

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Sun Sep 9 12:41:56 PDT 2001

Hello Magnus,

8. september 2001, 13:10:14, you wrote:

MH> I'll be d.*d. I didn't have the MP3Pro decoder installed, but a bunch of
MH> other plugins. So I did a complete re-install of WinAmp and then ONLY
MH> installed the Vorbis plugin, and lo and behold, it works (and it doesn't
MH> use the IE proxy either)! At least for two different streams (dunno if
MH> the others I tried were up or not). (Perhaps I should've gotten
MH> suspicious when I got error messages like "MPEG header not found", even
MH> when trying an Ogg stream. :)

It's a known (at least to me:) problem of WinAmp - if you have many
input plugins, only the first few are automatically recognised - in
the Open dialog I have to select Ogg Vorbis to see ogg files, they
don't apear on All supprted list (as many other formats don't).
Similary, if I try to play streamed OGG file, MP3 decoder will try to
get it....

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467

The wider any culture is spread, the thinner it gets.
          -- Law of Raspberry Jam