[vorbis] new ogg stream

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Wed Sep 5 14:45:12 PDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:40:45PM -0400, Kenneth Arnold wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:34:45PM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > Thomas was gracious enough to provide a second stream of his beats.dk
> > vorbis broadcast.
> >
> > http://vorbis.arkena.com:8004/test.ogg is 128kbps
> > http://vorbis.arkena.com:8004/test_64.ogg is 64kbps
> >
> > Now even us lowspeed dsl people can enjoy :)
>
> Oh well, ran for a few seconds (max ~12, but output pretty decent with
> prebuffering) on my 28.8 modem. But ogg123's curl streaming does
> indeed work (if only briefly ;))

Of course I forgot to say what I really sent the email for -- could
someone peel that even more (either with the prototype peeling tool or
cutting the sample rate) and try a 32k or less stream? Whoever was
working on the peeling stuff, could you please post your work? I'd
like to experiment with really-low bitrates. (or just get friends with
cable modems to grab and peel the streams ;) Cable company has said
'cable modems in 6 months' four times now :(

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>