[vorbis] new ogg stream

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Wed Sep 5 14:40:45 PDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:34:45PM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> Thomas was gracious enough to provide a second stream of his beats.dk
> vorbis broadcast.
>
> http://vorbis.arkena.com:8004/test.ogg is 128kbps
> http://vorbis.arkena.com:8004/test_64.ogg is 64kbps
>
> Now even us lowspeed dsl people can enjoy :)

Oh well, ran for a few seconds (max ~12, but output pretty decent with
prebuffering) on my 28.8 modem. But ogg123's curl streaming does
indeed work (if only briefly ;))

> Everyone should give a listen to the 64kbps and see what they think of
> the quality (it's being reencoded from 128kbsp Ogg).

What I heard was quite nice.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>