[vorbis] vorbis players (or lack of) for mac

Chris Hanson cmh at bDistributed.com
Tue Oct 30 15:04:54 PST 2001

At 8:15 PM -0800 10/29/01, mike wakerly wrote:
>QuickTime support is really needed, and soon, IMHO. (Perhaps they're
>just waiting for 1.0 though, understandable.)

I've been wondering lately what the hold-up with the QuickTime CODEC
is.  Is it that the people working on it are just too busy?  Is there
some other issue?  Is the code available?

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement, but my company can do
the work and release it under a BSD license if someone's can fund the
project.

(I got OpenAL working with Carbon on Mac OS X for a client under just
such an arrangement.  I'll try to get my minor project & code changes
contributed back to OpenAL.org by this weekend.)

   -- Chris Hanson
      President & CEO
      bDistributed.com, Inc.

--
Chris Hanson <cmh at bDistributed.com>
bDistributed.com, Inc.
Custom software for the distributed enterprise.
http://bdistributed.com/