[vorbis] Scheduled Ogg streams for testing

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Mon Oct 22 19:35:36 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:18:19AM +0200, James Ossi wrote:
> Btw... do these formats are patented-copyrighted?
> It may seem a silly worry, but we must consider even this if we want Vorbis
> completely patent-free ;-)

If so, would that mean that this technique that I just used to make a
playlist of all my oggs is copyrighted? I don't think so :)

$ find /my/music/directory/ -type f -follow -name '*.ogg' | sort > playlist.m3u
[ load playlist.m3u into xmms. done. ]

Yeah, it's that simple :)

I'll second using .pls, but it can't beat m3u's simplicity.

(okay, okay, so maybe it's not an exact .m3u file, and in fact I don't
know how m3u handles control characters and such in filenames, but
most people don't have newlines in their filenames so it's not an
issue).

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>