[vorbis] Bass response with Ogg Vorbis

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Sun Oct 7 08:34:40 PDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Big Al wrote:

> As a music producer who is also a bass player, I am real happy with
> the low end fidelity I get with Ogg files. I have been using Sound
> Forge 5.0d as a conversion tool, it includes libvorbis of 2-25-2001
> (beta 3).

Hmm, because of the pace of development that is already quite old
by now.

beta3 had known bass problems (the bassrumble bug)

Since beta4 there have been no issues with bass response AFAIK,
although RC2 emphasized the high end too much (which some people
intepreted as a loss of bass)

I think your best bet is to use one of the latest official
encoders (RC2 right now, although RC3 has been 'real soon now'
for some time ;), or nudge Sonic Foundry to update the vorbis
libs in Sound Forge.

--
GCP