[vorbis] Scheduled Ogg streams for testing

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Oct 21 21:52:55 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> > I posted about this problem a couple of weeks back
> > but, IIRC, got no response.
>
> I've answered this question five kajillion times on the icecast list.
>
> > We need to sort this one out soon or there'll
> > be too many programs out there that don't support whatever we eventually
> > come up with.
>
> We're hardly able to change the behavior of browsers no matter how soon
> we act.

That's not what I'm saying.  My point is that currently there is no way of
launching an ogg stream of any sort that does not tie people to using a
player that also supports MP3.  there should be an ogg-independant way to
do this so that you can use one player for ogg and another for MP3 streams.

Geoff.