[vorbis] Is Vorbis really THIS good?

EdB edb at earthling.net
Thu Oct 11 08:33:09 PDT 2001

I'm an OGG newbie...

Recently the 'MP3 to All Converter' was offered on this list, so I tried it.

I tested converting a few of my 160kbps MP3 files to OGG, and was
surprised at the sound quality.  Then I noticed the much smaller OGG
file size and checked the converter bit rate-- it was set to 80kbps!

Is Vorbis really that good that it can make a converted 160kbps MP3
sound as good at 80kbps?  Or am I just hearing impaired?

Ciao for now,

--EdB  <edb at earthling.net>
http://www.geocities.com/endered