[vorbis] libao on OS X

dongoodman deg3 at msstate.edu
Mon Nov 5 19:18:52 PST 2001

OK, wanted to check out the macosx driver for libao on me new iBook.
Everything compiles beautifully (given some utils from the fink project,
like automake), but...

but the dynamic plugin system is broken.
1) on OS X, dll's en in .dylib, not .so, as is hardwired in. this should
be an easy fix.
2) dlopen chokes on opening the .dylib files...so the plugin is never
loaded. i know not enought of dlopen on OS X to be of much help here,
beyond tracing it to that call
(in _get_plugin() in audio_out.c)

any ideas?

also, though i probably should be, i'm not subscribed to this list. please
cc: any correspondance to me, if you would.

have fun
dongoodman

     |`I invented the term 'object oriented',              pobox 2516|
     |and I can tell you                         mississippi state ms|
     |I did not have C++ in mind.'                              39762|