[vorbis] icecast 2.0 semi-permanent test stream-feedback

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sat May 5 01:02:18 PDT 2001

> Freeamp 2.1(non beta) just seems to try playing it, and then just
> stops and freezes up.

Rob?  You getting this? :)

> Sonique 1.9 just freezes after adding the stream to the playlist (and
> hitting Open URL) it just sits there and does nothing.

Yep, I've confirmed.  I alerted the sonique guys. It also has the same
problem in sonique2 tech demo.  I'll see if I can get them to fix those.

> So, either both players are buggy, or it's something with the stream.
> When I download the stream in Opera, I get about 15KB and then it
> stops, any news on this?

The 15kB bug is fixed.  new stream has been running for about 3 hours
now.  You've got about 40kb of padding if you're connection is slow.  On
the next restart you'll have 100kB of padding, which will probably
remain the default for icecast 2.

If the 15kB problems persists, let me know.

jack.