streaming Vorbis info needed [was Re: [vorbis] annyone interested in "ogg streaming" maillinglist]

Smörk smoerk at gmx.de
Sun Mar 4 09:40:14 PST 2001

On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 12:44:42 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

>I open ogg123 or XMMS with the
>correct URL, the server shows the connection, and nothing happens. The
>XMMS display indicates the connection, but it stalls waiting for a
>reply. ogg123 doesn't report anything. I've tried dozens of variations
>on Jack's suggested syntax to the streamer, but I'm obvisouly missing
>something.

Hi Dave,

I think I have the same problem. I didn't managed to complie the
"example" streamer, but if I open a url with a browser the connections
hangs too. IIRC the old icecast send a 404 if there is no stream
available. icecast 2 does nothing if I point to
http://localhost:8000/wrongmountpoint, doesn't matter if I use winamp
or a normal web browser.

Smörk