[vorbis] another Icecast2/Vorbis test stream

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Mar 14 07:16:50 PST 2001

Greetings:

  Yes, I've placed another test stream on-line. Thanks to the feedback
from members of this list, I've taken a few extra steps.

    1) According to DSLReports, my uplink today is 137 kbps. It may
actually be a little faster, they say that Netscape's reporting is
skewed (and I use Netscape).

    2) Thus, I've prepared a set of Ogg files encoded with -b 24 to fit
my available bandwidth. They don't sound very good (compared to the
higher-quality defaults), but my uplink bandwidth won't allow much
better.

    3) And I've limited the number of clients to 4 in conf/icecast.xml.

  I hope these preparations will help make and maintain some lower-rate
connections. The URL is now:

        http://64.108.112.107:8000/shouter.ogg

  Again, please let me know (via this list) how well or badly the stream
comes through.

  The music is just a bunch of blues songs I recorded some years ago,
but it's more recognizable as music than what I had up yesterday.  :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net