[vorbis] another Icecast2/Vorbis test stream

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.com
Wed Mar 14 07:22:34 PST 2001

Hey There again

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 10:16:50AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

>     2) Thus, I've prepared a set of Ogg files encoded with -b 24 to fit
> my available bandwidth. They don't sound very good (compared to the
> higher-quality defaults), but my uplink bandwidth won't allow much
> better.

hmm still playing the old files then according to my readings?

>     3) And I've limited the number of clients to 4 in conf/icecast.xml.

if you are playing the old files still it dosnet work ;-)

> 	http://64.108.112.107:8000/shouter.ogg

i listend in and it sounded amazing! Allthough i where kicked pretty fast
i presume the reason was the lack of bandwidth.

Here is my output from the session :

[thomas at mmstreaming ogg123]$ ./ogg123 -v -d oss http://64.108.112.107:8000/shouter.ogg
HTTP Headers:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK