[OT]Re: RTP Was: [vorbis] icecast2

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Mar 7 16:19:30 PST 2001

rob at eorbit.net wrote:

> FreeAmp can handle Vorbis -- check out the recently released 2.1rc6. I
> have a couple of Vorbis streaming bugs pending in FreeAmp that I plan to
> look at this coming weekend.

Yes, it handles single Ogg files beautifully, but it fails with the
streaming stuff right after pre-buffering. Says something like "Skipped
corrupted file" then just stops.

Plese let me know if you get the streaming stuff repaired soon. I'm
submitting an article to the O'Reilly Network Friday, it's on streaming
audio for Linux and I'd be happy to include a mention and a screenshot
of FreeAmp streaming Vorbis.

Btw, I'm using FreeAmp version 2.1.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips