[OT]Re: RTP Was: [vorbis] icecast2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Mar 7 16:17:41 PST 2001

At 07:19 PM 3/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>rob at eorbit.net wrote:
>
>> FreeAmp can handle Vorbis -- check out the recently released 2.1rc6. I
>> have a couple of Vorbis streaming bugs pending in FreeAmp that I plan to
>> look at this coming weekend.
>
>Yes, it handles single Ogg files beautifully, but it fails with the
>streaming stuff right after pre-buffering. Says something like "Skipped
>corrupted file" then just stops.

I sent a bugfix for this problem to the freeamp guys yesterday - it hasn't
yet been applied as far as I know, but it probably will be soon.

There's also a second bug (which is being investigated) which makes it crash
at the end of the first track in the stream. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon,
too.

Michael