[OT]Re: RTP Was: [vorbis] icecast2

rob at eorbit.net rob at eorbit.net
Wed Mar 7 12:35:18 PST 2001

On  7 Mar, Kristoff Bonne wrote:
> Greetings,

> multicast streaming.
> Great. As a network admin, I've wanting to try this for some time now. Is
> there already some code available for this?

Obsequieum (http://obs.freeamp.org) and FreeAmp can do multicast MP3
streaming.

> BTW. What player do you need for that? (linux). xmms cannot play
> RTP-streams; and freeamp (who can) can't handle vorbis.

FreeAmp can handle Vorbis -- check out the recently released 2.1rc6. I
have a couple of Vorbis streaming bugs pending in FreeAmp that I plan to
look at this coming weekend.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye   --    rob at eorbit.net   --   http://www.mayhem-chaos.net