[OT]Re: RTP Was: [vorbis] icecast2

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Wed Mar 7 09:36:16 PST 2001

Greetings,

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>>> 'rtp' what you said, is also a IETF standard (1889).. Icecast doesn't do RTP
>>> because icecast is unicast (RTP is overkill for unicast and not widely used
>>> for that). Vorbis multicast (done by icecast or otherwise) will use RTP.
multicast streaming.
Great. As a network admin, I've wanting to try this for some time now. Is
there already some code available for this?

BTW. What player do you need for that? (linux). xmms cannot play
RTP-streams; and freeamp (who can) can't handle vorbis.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN