[vorbis] While we're publicising icecast2 streams...

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jun 15 07:52:36 PDT 2001

Hi all:

I've had an icecast2 stream up for about a week now and thought I'd tell
you all about it.  This is a very primitive setup - using icecast2 and
libshout on a linux box and using the example program along with a random
sort utility to shunt the files to the server.  The stream is at 22.05khz
mono at the lowest bitrate, meaning it hovers around the 32kbps mark.

there are 38 songs up there currently.  Each has a comment tag, so you
should get title, artist and other good stuff as the stream plays.

If you'd like to test it out, feel free to connect to:

http://bumpy.braille.uwo.ca:9000/test.ogg

I intend to add more songs as I find time to do so.  Also, I mean to shift
the stream over to ices2 once I compile it and figure out how it works.
Will let you know when I've done this.

Enjoy!

Geoff.