[vorbis] DI stream on xmms?

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Wed Jun 27 10:47:19 PDT 2001

I wonder if they are counting the IP packet overhead in their bps count ?
kbps out of an encoder are NOT kbps across the Internet - generally you get
10 - 15 kbps more for an audio stream.

Kristoff Bonne wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> >> I've downloaded the latest plugin (xmms tells me version 1.2.4) and
> >> installed the 'RC1' rpms; but this doesn't work yet.
> >> (The player fill-ups it buffers; but doesn't start playing; and restart by
> >> the beginning (filling up the buffers)).
>
> > Go download xmms-1.2.5.
> > 1.2.4's mpg123 plugin is eating ogg urls.  The mp3 decoder can't decode
> > an ogg stream, so it keeps searching for one (ie, constantly
> > rebuffering).  this is fixed in xmms cvs, and should be included in any
> > 1.2.5preX or 1.2.5 final releases.
> Yep! Set up xmms-1.2.5. and the problem was solved!
> Thanks!
>
> > This is not the Ogg plugin's fault :)
> Aaaaach! ;-)
>
> BTW. That stream seams to hover around 110-120 Kbps; not the 90 Kbps as
> mentioned on DI's webpage. ???
>
> Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
> --
> KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
> (c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN
> kristoff.bonne at skypro.be                         Faxbox :  +32 2 2435122

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : tme at on-the-i.com     http://www.on-the-i.com

 Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time : http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html