[vorbis] DI stream on xmms?

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Wed Jun 27 08:39:59 PDT 2001

Greetings,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:
>> I've downloaded the latest plugin (xmms tells me version 1.2.4) and
>> installed the 'RC1' rpms; but this doesn't work yet.
>> (The player fill-ups it buffers; but doesn't start playing; and restart by
>> the beginning (filling up the buffers)).

> Go download xmms-1.2.5.
> 1.2.4's mpg123 plugin is eating ogg urls.  The mp3 decoder can't decode
> an ogg stream, so it keeps searching for one (ie, constantly
> rebuffering).  this is fixed in xmms cvs, and should be included in any
> 1.2.5preX or 1.2.5 final releases.
Yep! Set up xmms-1.2.5. and the problem was solved!
Thanks!

> This is not the Ogg plugin's fault :)
Aaaaach! ;-)

BTW. That stream seams to hover around 110-120 Kbps; not the 90 Kbps as
mentioned on DI's webpage. ???

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN