[vorbis] TwinVQ versus The World

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Thu Jun 21 13:58:05 PDT 2001

"Marshall Eubanks" <tme at 21rst-century.com> wrote:

> In my discussions with MPEG 4 developers, it looks like they may go
> with MP3 (aka Layer 3) for audio due to its established position.
>
> This would leave AAC basically in the dust.

Actually, AAC isn't intended to be used by ordinary users the
way we use MP3 or Vorbis.
AAC will be (mostly) used for music distribution since it
comes with very expensive and restrictive licenses, and
with encryption/copy-protection schemes.

Liquid Audio is a good example.

---
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3