[vorbis] VorbisExt prerelease

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Wed Jun 6 08:23:23 PDT 2001

> How about the (semi-unofficial too) VCE integrated into the winamp plugin?
> Will it be split as an independent branch?  Is it going to be developed at
> all or is PP's plugin suppossed to supercede the original plugin
> completely?  That wouldn't be good unless PP releases the source.

The winamp plugin has superceded ours.  Whether they release the source
or not, it really doesn't matter.  It will be shipping with winamp and
millions of people won't be bothered to go look for a different one, and
they probably wouldn't even realize they have a choice.

In any case, I hope that Nullsoft will release the, as there's not much
reason not to.  Development has stopped on the winamp plugin in CVS, and
a note to that effect is attached.  We'll leave it around for people to
look at or use in other ways, though.

jack.