[vorbis] Quality switch

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Sun Jul 1 11:37:50 PDT 2001

Everybody, I am also a person who cannot wait and can understand your
feelings but...calm down.  ;-) Monty has already clearly explained about
new stuff and there is nothing else we can but wait till the encoder
RC1 release.

According to Monty, VBR tuning is to be included in RC1.  So, We do not
have to wait it as late as bitrate peeling, which will appear after a
1.0 release.  Good news.

On Thu 28 Jun 2001, 23:27:41 PDT, Monty (xiphmont at xiph.org)Wrote:
>Joint stereo first (I'm ready to start committing code in the next >couple
of days, documentation is already in CVS), then low bitrate,      >then
vbr/cbr tuning. Hopefully an rc1 of these three will be out in >July.
Bitrate peeling tools will not appear until after a 1.0 release.

Well, again quoting...because...I am not a quitter but a quoter! (Peter...you
scares me...a lot)

---- "Sebastian Böck" <sebastianboeck at freenet.de> wrote:
>is it possible to implement a "quality switch" to Ogg Vorbis like >the
-V option of the lame encoder?