[vorbis] ABR or CBR?

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Tue Jul 3 00:03:42 PDT 2001

Just in case my quotation causeed misunderstnaing...

Forget about what I quoted before.  Probably, by CBR, Monty meant ABR
since CBR is stupidly patented and this is the reason why Vorbis has
no CBR option.  If you know this, it cannot be a problem but I see there
is a question asking what is ABR in the mailing list.

>On Thu 28 Jun 2001, 23:27:41 PDT, Monty (xiphmont at xiph.org)Wrote:
>then vbr/cbr tuning.

Therfore, in RC1, you can expect:

1.Channel coupling or 'Joint Stereo' in mp3
2.VBR Bitrates
3.ABR/VBR tuning options
4.Low bitrate modes