[vorbis] OGG + DivX ?

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Jan 27 10:12:53 PST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 06:43:38PM +0200, Matts Isuls wrote:
> Hi
>
> There have been some discussions regarding OGG as audio stream in DivX video at http://forums.projectmayo.com/. Is there or will there be an OGG codec like Frauhofer MPEG 3 & Microsoft Audio?
>
> This could boost the usage of OGG (mainly underground?).    :)
> But on the other hand it could give OGG bad reputation when associated with 'illegal' copies of video.  :(

I was planning on waiting until I was done to say so, but I've been
reading over the (minimal) docs for the encore/decore functions, and
though that doesn't really give access to the internals enough to know
exactly what's coming out, it can still be synced to the audio by
frame number. So my plan was to add some header info, possibly even a
comments header if I'm feeling adventurous, and encode the audio and
stuff the results multiplexed in an Ogg stream. Then I must hack up a
quick little transcoder, throw in one of my DVD rips, and see if I
can't play what comes out.

Later today ... I'm just waking up in time for lunch.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>