[vorbis] This works: low bitrate encoding

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Thu Jan 18 06:35:46 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 04:58:50PM -0800, Chris Moeller wrote:

> [...]

It's because of how ogg123 uses libao, and made especially messy by
the buffer situation. ogg123 keeps ao opened throughout the entire
file playing process. This is more for programmer convenience than
necessity, while it does eliminate a bit of overhead (not much,
though). It's also a buffering problem; I'd have to either start up
and tear down the buffer for each song (quite possible), or make the
plugin structure shared (a mess that I'm not doing).

I'll fix it this weekend. rate=ov_bitrate... not 44100...

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>