[vorbis] oggenc (small files)

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Jan 12 20:04:15 PST 2001

>AFAIK there are quite a lot different WAV formats around. The PCM format
>is what CoolPro/SF saves by default and what seems to work fine. It's
>very possible that your rippers produce different WAV formats. It might
>be interesting to check whether there is some option in the properties
>of your rippers to select the .WAV subformat (try PCM).
>
>Maybe one of the developers can tell which WAV formats are supported by
>oggenc/oggdrop/... and which not?

They only support wav format type 1 (PCM). All the others are weird/rare,
or compressed format (e.g. mp3, but wav encapsulated). They will not be
supported in the future. AIFF probably will be, on the other hand.

There aren't any tools that I've ever then that will produce non-PCM wav
files without a specific option to that effect (I've personally never seen
any other type).

Michael