[vorbis] ogg/vorbis on OS/2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jan 3 00:13:55 PST 2001

At 07:09 AM 1/3/01 +0100, you wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Kenneth C. Arnold wrote:
>
>> Remember that since oggenc is GPL (and the Vorbis libraries LGPL), you
>> must provide source for your modifications if you distribute a
>> modified executable. You probably knew this; just reminding.
>>
>I know about. But at my feeling, it would not be a good idea distributing
>a dirty OS/2 hack in parallel to the common distribution. It would be
>great to get access to the CVS and introduce an additional _OS2
>switch for future use. How can I get this access?

If you've built things properly, vorbis should already build correctly on
OS/2. If it doesn't, then things have probably broken more recently. Let us
know what changes are neccesary. If you send a sensible patch, someone will
apply it.

>The second question: At my first try, I have used no libraries etc.
>(Unix plus Windows Makefiles do not work)
>I have used a "flat source container", therefore I have changed
>several include <...> into include "...". and doubled/tripled the ogg
>directory for multiple use. Where can I learn about the official compiling
>strategy?

Just build similarly to how things are done on unix, or windows - you'll
need to build your own makefiles/project files, of course, but the basic
approach will be the same.

Michael