[vorbis] best encoding

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Tue Jan 2 20:15:16 PST 2001

According to Michael Milligan (sometime around Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:12:22PM -0500):
> I've got some songs that I need OGG-ified as high quality as possible for my site, and I'm not sure how to go about doing it.  I've checked out the tools available, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should know about the process (above and beyond how to run the apps).
>
> Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.  These suckers have got to be PERFECT...

Try a lossless coder: OggSquish is an older one from Monty and the
gang, but others are more maintained these days. Try
flac.sourceforge.net (if I remember the URL correctly).

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>