[vorbis] Vorbis Comment Editor v0.1.0

berk berk at nm.ru
Tue Jan 30 23:19:46 PST 2001

Use The Source, Craig!

Replying to your mail dated Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 10:14:37 PM,
about "[vorbis] Vorbis Comment Editor v0.1.0":

>> Whee.... I'm not sure that makes much attraction to me.... why right
>> click? A good thing will be: filelist on the left, the same thing as
>> VCE is now, on the right. Select file in the list and edit its
>> comments.
>>
>> Well, maybe there's something I don't understand, sorry.... But keep
>> up a good work!!!

CD> I think Warren meant that you'll be able to right-click on an .ogg file in
CD> the Windows Explorer shell, and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu to
CD> edit the file's comments. This is a good idea; I wish I didn't have to load
CD> mp3 files into WinAmp to edit their properties, but apparently it hasn't
CD> occurred to the WinAmp guys to integrate with the Explorer in that way.

As many people as many opinions. On my way, I don't want to even open
that fuckin' explorer. I never use it and never gonna too. Its big
bloated and evil. I'm using FAR manager as my primary shell and a lot
of plugins for it makes life just as easy as living under a coconut
tree.

And editing file properties in WinAmp seems more reasonable for
me at least because its _much_ faster.

Look: Right-click file, guess where menu will appear - on the mouse
cursor left or on the mouse cursor right side?, go find that
"Properties", click it, find "comments" tab on the
property sheet, click it, edit fields (the simplest part ;), click ok.
The same for the next file....

Now in winamp: click on the first file in the list,
press Alt-3, edit fields, press Enter, cursor down, Alt-3, edit next...

Well?

P.S. BIG THANKYOU WinAmp guys that you DIDN'T integrate to Explorer
that way!

keep in touch. berk.
* mailto:berk at nm.ru * http://berk.nm.ru * ICQ UIN: 49516372 *
* The Go! operating system development: http://attend.to/go *