[vorbis] Memory Footprint issues

Anthony Inzero Tommy_the_Cat at operamail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:00:51 PST 2001

Hello to everyone on the list,

   This is my first message sent to the list so bare with me on this one :)
I've started learning C++ of September of last year in school. I think I'm
fairly competent(I Hope :) at it and we were recently discussing bloatware in
class.
   Vorbis seems so large and complex that I offen get intimidated, so I was
wondering if anyone else would like to possible work with me on reducing the
memory footprint down from 500K? From what its described, that seems to be
fairly large. I have a copy of Visual Studio, so I'm all set with tools.
However I'm a newbie when it comes to working on large-code, open source stuff
like this. If your interested, please e-mail me privetly, or on AOL IM
(cardboardbox00). I also have ICQ, I just have to re-install it again. I
suppose one could go through it, checking through everything.
   Then again, maybe Vorbis isn't really bloated decoding streams and I've
just made a hapless assumption. Should be a fun (first for me) project to work
on. Thanks greatly,

*****
Anthony J. Inzero