[vorbis] ogg/vorbis on OS/2

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Tue Jan 2 18:00:20 PST 2001

According to Joerg Bergmann (sometime around Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 12:17:49AM +0100):
> Hi ogg/vorbis developers alltogether,
>
> as an OS/2 enthusiast, I'm interested in ogg/vorbis, too. Today
> I have installed the IBMs JAVA 1.3 runtime and tried to compile oggenc.
> Here are the results:
> JOrbisPlayer does not run inside the delivered HTML code. Maybe several
> reasons:
> -Netscape 4.6.1 starts JAVA 1.1.8, which is still the default JAVA VM
> for Netscape. JVM 1.3 must be declared anyway in the HTML.
> -The <OBJECT> tag seems not to work in Netscape 4.6.1.
> -The *.jar archives seem not to work proper.
>
> I have get JOrbisPlayer running
> -as application
> -unpacked into classes (no jar archives).
>
> I have compiled oggenc beta 3 after some hours unsystematic hacking.
> I use the Watcom C compiler V11. It works fine. Here are some timings
> on my PII 400 machine:
>
> JOrbisPlayer around 25% CPU load
> oggenc around 0.8 Rate at -b 128
>
> If you are interested, let me know. I will give away the oggenc.exe
> file for free.

Remember that since oggenc is GPL (and the Vorbis libraries LGPL), you
must provide source for your modifications if you distribute a
modified executable. You probably knew this; just reminding.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>