[vorbis] ogg/vorbis on OS/2

Joerg Bergmann bergmann at rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 2 15:17:49 PST 2001

Hi ogg/vorbis developers alltogether,

as an OS/2 enthusiast, I'm interested in ogg/vorbis, too. Today
I have installed the IBMs JAVA 1.3 runtime and tried to compile oggenc.
Here are the results:
JOrbisPlayer does not run inside the delivered HTML code. Maybe several
reasons:
-Netscape 4.6.1 starts JAVA 1.1.8, which is still the default JAVA VM
for Netscape. JVM 1.3 must be declared anyway in the HTML.
-The <OBJECT> tag seems not to work in Netscape 4.6.1.
-The *.jar archives seem not to work proper.

I have get JOrbisPlayer running
-as application
-unpacked into classes (no jar archives).

I have compiled oggenc beta 3 after some hours unsystematic hacking.
I use the Watcom C compiler V11. It works fine. Here are some timings
on my PII 400 machine:

JOrbisPlayer around 25% CPU load
oggenc around 0.8 Rate at -b 128

If you are interested, let me know. I will give away the oggenc.exe
file for free.

Thanks for your work!

J"org Bergmann, Dresden, Germany
email at jbergmann.de