[vorbis] Announce: VCE v0.1.2

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Sun Feb 25 03:00:57 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Matthew James Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had made a vorbis plugin for the pre-sdk that the winamp people had
> distributed.  The code was terrible but it worked well enough.  The plugin
> worked with their sample testbed called Tempura.  Tempura was a very early
> form of winamp3.  Unfortunatly they have yet to release an updated copy of
> their in/out sdk, so things have kind of come to a halt.  Brennan (winamp3
> lead programmer) claims to be releasing an update in the next few weeks.
> I'll try again then.  You are right though, it is easier to program a plugin
> for winamp3 then say any of the earlier winamps.

Great!  Thanks in the name of winamp lovers :-)

> Take it easy,

I do - I didn't want to sound pressing - excuse me if I was (especially
that I'm in no position to assign jobs here ;-).  I just expressed my
opinion that it would help vorbis publicity a lot to have it natively
included in winamp.  BTW, does Brennan (or winamp->anybody) know that they
can expect a vorbis plugin?  I suppose (hope) they would like to have as
many plugins ready as possible, so you should probably mail them - they
might even help you with their sdk changes.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

  (/bin/ch x)^2 = (/bin/sh x)^2 + 1