[vorbis] (newbie alert) - home DV video and Premiere?

Douglas A. Kane DAKane at tir.com
Thu Dec 27 13:13:43 PST 2001

Howdy.  I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, I missed it.  (Just
point me to the right archive if there is such a thing?)

into Windows?

Q2)  Would that codec then be available under Adobe Premiere (or Windows
Media Player for that matter)?

Q3)  Anyone recommend codec & settings, for both video and audio?

Q4)  www.vorbis.com seems to be broken...  but ogg.org / xiph.org are
working

I recently got a miniDV cam-corder, and a WinXP laptop that came with
firewire and a copy of Adobe Premiere LE 6.  I'm interested in putting about
1hr 20min of home-video onto a CD-R, to share with friends.

Of course, I want maximum quality possible that will still fit into 700MB.
Also it must be easily playable (like, maybe I include codecs on the CD
too).

figured out how to compress the audio track too.  Would've already gone w/
MP3 -- a friend recommended LAME -- but it didn't register itself w/ Windows
+ Premiere.  (command line only).  Now I'm checking out the alternatives
(Ogg Vorbis sounds great by the descriptions).

Thanks for any suggestions!
PEACE
-dk