[vorbis] Links to archives broken by current->month# transitions

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Dec 19 05:43:32 PST 2001

Monty, could you please modify the archiving mechanism so that the current
month messages are archived from the begining into the month-number
directory where they will be afterwards?  The current scheme makes people
link to this month's articles with a URL that breaks afterwards.

At least please provide a symbolic link or something from the directory
that will later become correct (e.g.
http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200112) to the current directory
(http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/), similarly on other lists.  This
will allow one to provide links that will stay correct but are not broken
at the present (by typing in the month name by hand).

[I'm trying to prepare a summary of links to multimedia metadata resources
and ideas, including important posts on the vorbis lists.  I hope to put
it online soon.]

                 (also scben at t2 in Technion)
I like Common Lisp* more than Common Source
   and Open Source  more than Open Collector.
(*)Scheme is better than any scheme.