[vorbis] New Winamp release

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Dec 19 23:15:31 PST 2001

On 19 Dec 2001 at 23:38, smoerk wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:58:03 -0700, Jack Moffitt wrote:
>
> >I think I'll start looking for a new win32 player.
>
> If you have found one, which is not stupid fancy skinable crappy like
> sonique, please tell me.

I'd probably use FreeAmp, myself, if only it didn't crash so much for me. :)

I've run coolplayer alongside Winamp (when in Windws) for a long time now.  I like it's style -
quick and light.  A few months ago, it was GPL'd.  Decided to get a fresh CVS checkout just now,
and was surprised to find that the developers *appear* to have begun work on vorbis support!  I
can't say how far along they've come, because I don't have the tools to build.  Any cp developers
on this list?

Unfortunately, there have been no changes since Oct 9.  It sure would be nice if an experienced
vorbis/MSVC coder could lend them a hand. :D

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org